NASMA Membership 2014-15 NOW OPEN - Apply On-line
The NASMA membership year runs from 1st September to 31st August. Please apply online at: http://www.nasma.org.uk/About-Nasma/... Read More
NASMA Letter sent to Huw Lewis, Minister for Education & Skills, Welsh Government, re: Financial Contingency Fund, 22nd August 2014
Dear Mr Lewis, Re: SFWIN 01/2014 - Financial Contingency Fund (FCF) The National Association of Student Money Advisers (NASMA) wishes to e... Read More
Student Finance England - Advice for Students Applying Through Clearing
With the UCAS Clearing process opening yesterday, SLC is supporting its stakeholders and students during this busy time of year and have cre... Read More
Sharia-compliant student finance - Open Consultation
The government is consulting on student loans that will not involve paying interest. David Willetts, the Universities Minister, is proposing... Read More
e-newsletter - Message from the Chair
Dear NASMA Members Another busy year is flying by as we near the time of our Annual Conference. Hopefully you’ve had a chance t... Read More
- Christopher Pyne: changes to university funding are a 'fair ...
- Christopher Pyne on education reform - video
- Universities could get cash for every poor student, says Lab...
- Sydney University calls investment review after coalmine pro...
- Should you study something you love or a degree that will ge...
- Finishing your PhD thesis: 15 top tips from those in the kno...
- Doris Lessing's last gift: 3,000 books donated to public lib...
- 'Gaza violence is crushing the rights of young Palestinians ...
- What skills do you need besides a postgraduate degree?
- Rise of the live-at-home student commuter
- Lord Heseltine: cut foreign students from figures to lower n...
- Universities and the 2015 election: gulf between big parties...
- Drink spiking: victims don't report and the crime goes unpun...
- How to survive the first year at university
- Students gather for the NUS and Amnesty International Studen...
- Thinking about a career in teaching? Here are 5 ways to get ...
- Are law firms doing enough to encourage diversity?
- University research: if you believe in openness, stand up fo...
- The future of the Warburg Institute | @guardianletters
- We have more than just a campus rape problem. There is invis...
Welcome to NASMA
NASMA is the National Association of Student Money Advisers. We have members in all four countries in the UK and collectively we are recognised as the leading authority on all matters relating to student advice and funding. NASMA acts as a focus for information exchange between practitioners in the field of student funding, bringing together professionals from across the sector and encouraging the free exchange of ideas. We work closely with national decision makers and their influencers on student finance policy. In addition, we work with other relevant sector organisations to promote the needs of students and our members:
- Student Money Advisers in Universities, Colleges of Higher Education, Students’ Unions, Guilds and Associations
- Discretionary Fund and Bursary Administrators in Higher Education Institutions
- Staff in Further Education Colleges whose remit includes money advice and/or discretionary fund administration
NASMA is a registered charity working to relieve the poverty of students through the provision of advice, information and training. We provide information for the public benefit and for professionals delivering student money advice. NASMA relies on income from membership subscriptions and training events to fund the development of resources and support for NASMA members, the wider advice sector and students.
If you would like to support the work of NASMA you can make a donation here:
The National Association of Money Advisers is a registered charity no. 1142415 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 05165006
Last Updated: 22 June 2014