Consumer Credit License - FCA
CONSUMER CREDIT LICENSE From 1st April 2014 The Financial Conduct Authority will be taking over the consumer credit industry from the Offic... Read More
A message from the chair
Dear NASMA members Welcome to a new academic year, and welcome to our new look newsletter – we hope you find it informative a... Read More
NASMA and the NUS team up to launch student monthly payment petetion
Time to end arcane student finance rules: NASMA and NUS say give students a monthly pay day. In a bid to give students in Higher Education ... Read More
Survey reveals 4-in-5 students worry about money at university
The student money website Save the Student recently revealed the results of their National Student Money Survey for 2013, in which some shoc... Read More
TV Licensing launches refund campaign for students moving home for the summer months
As students across the UK prepare for their exams, TV Licensing is reminding those moving home for the summer to claim a refund on their TV ... Read More
- How to support a student with an eating disorder
- Ten things I wish I'd known before starting my dissertation
- Margaret Spufford obituary
- How UC Berkeley MBAs beat the market with a socially respons...
- Are UK policies preventing humanities research from reaching...
- Muslim students divided on sharia-compliant loans
- Joseph Kerman obituary
- NUS proudly launches partnership with Global Citizen
- Parents expect a university degree to increase their childre...
- Universities must make languages relevant
- Why banning the Sun on university campuses is wrong
- Mental health issues in academia: 'stories are not cries of ...
- Letters: Richard Hoggart obituary
- Launch of 2014 'Success in the Student Market' research repo...
- Securing money for research is hard for everyone - but then ...
- Why aren't Chinese students at UK universities getting top d...
- Recruiting university staff takes a lot of academic time | J...
- 'Universities need to value their staff' five tips for mana...
- Will doing a master's get you a better job? Well, maybe
- The late, great Richard Hoggart | @guardianletters
Welcome to NASMA
NASMA is the National Association of Student Money Advisers. We have members in all four countries in the UK and collectively we are recognised as the leading authority on all matters relating to student advice and funding. NASMA acts as a focus for information exchange between practitioners in the field of student funding, bringing together professionals from across the sector and encouraging the free exchange of ideas. We work closely with national decision makers and their influencers on student finance policy. In addition we work with other relevant sector organisations to promote the needs of students and our members.
- Student Money Advisers in Universities, Colleges of Higher Education, Students’ Unions, Guilds and Associations
- Discretionary Fund and Bursary Administrators in Higher Education Institutions
- Staff in Further Education Colleges whose remit includes money advice and/or discretionary fund administration
NASMA are a registered charity working to relieve the poverty of students through the provision of advice, information and training. We aim to provide for the public benefit, the profession of student money advice. NASMA rely on income from membership subscriptions and training attendance to fund development of resources and support for NASMA members, the wider advice sector and for students.
If you would like to support the work of NASMA you can make a donation here:
The National Association of Money Advisers is a registered charity no. 1142415 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 05165006
Last Updated: 24 September 2013