Consumer Credit License - FCA
CONSUMER CREDIT LICENSE From 1st April 2014 The Financial Conduct Authority will be taking over the consumer credit industry from the Offic... Read More
A message from the chair
Dear NASMA members Welcome to a new academic year, and welcome to our new look newsletter – we hope you find it informative a... Read More
NASMA and the NUS team up to launch student monthly payment petetion
Time to end arcane student finance rules: NASMA and NUS say give students a monthly pay day. In a bid to give students in Higher Education ... Read More
Survey reveals 4-in-5 students worry about money at university
The student money website Save the Student recently revealed the results of their National Student Money Survey for 2013, in which some shoc... Read More
TV Licensing launches refund campaign for students moving home for the summer months
As students across the UK prepare for their exams, TV Licensing is reminding those moving home for the summer to claim a refund on their TV ... Read More
- Graduate teaching assistants deserve more than £4.40 per stu...
- Domestic violence on campus: face up to the truth
- Universities benefit from recessions as they recruit more ta...
- Fashion apprentices shun uni and head straight to work
- Student nephew of Imran Khan in row over 'homophobic' tweets
- On International Women's Day, do we know what academic succe...
- Search for location of new High Speed Rail College begins
- Business Secretary Vince Cable?s speech to the Mansion House...
- Universities and colleges risk losing right to sponsor forei...
- Nicholas Brooks obituary
- The SAT essay and vocab flash cards may be dead, but word ne...
- Worried about academic interviews? Here's how to handle tric...
- Five reasons to love studying law
- Dark thoughts: why mental illness is on the rise in academia
- World's top 100 universities 2014: their reputations ranked ...
- A free education online: too good to be true? ? video debate
- New research from OFFA ? An interim report: Do bursaries hav...
- Decline and fall of students sent down: from the archive, 6 ...
- Amnesty International, NUS and Unreported World team up for ...
- Firms shortlisted to deliver the UK Pavilion at the Milan Ex...
Welcome to NASMA
NASMA is the National Association of Student Money Advisers. We have members in all four countries in the UK and collectively we are recognised as the leading authority on all matters relating to student advice and funding. NASMA acts as a focus for information exchange between practitioners in the field of student funding, bringing together professionals from across the sector and encouraging the free exchange of ideas. We work closely with national decision makers and their influencers on student finance policy. In addition we work with other relevant sector organisations to promote the needs of students and our members.
- Student Money Advisers in Universities, Colleges of Higher Education, Students’ Unions, Guilds and Associations
- Discretionary Fund and Bursary Administrators in Higher Education Institutions
- Staff in Further Education Colleges whose remit includes money advice and/or discretionary fund administration
NASMA are a registered charity working to relieve the poverty of students through the provision of advice, information and training. We aim to provide for the public benefit, the profession of student money advice. NASMA rely on income from membership subscriptions and training attendance to fund development of resources and support for NASMA members, the wider advice sector and for students.
If you would like to support the work of NASMA you can make a donation here:
The National Association of Money Advisers is a registered charity no. 1142415 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 05165006
Last Updated: 24 September 2013