Consumer Credit License - FCA

Posted: 11-12-2013


From 1st April 2014 The Financial Conduct Authority will be taking over the consumer credit industry from the Office of Fair Trading.

So what does this mean for us? If you currently hold a licence and wish to continue to carry out consumer credit activities you will need to register for ‘interim permission’ by the 31st March 2014, in readiness of the move from the OFT to the FCA. Failure to apply for ‘interim permission’ will mean that you need to go through the ‘full authorisation’ process in 2014. Read more about interim permissions and how to apply.

To stay informed about consumer credit register for the email updates.