TV Licensing launches refund campaign for students moving home for the summer months
As students across the UK prepare for their exams, TV Licensing is reminding those moving home for the summer to claim a refund on their TV ... Read More
People on low incomes may be missing out on vital financial support at time of welfare reform
As its Benefits Awareness Month campaign continues, the charity Turn2us has published new research showing that those who could be in most n... Read More
NASMA SUPPORTS BENEFITS AWARENESS MONTH THIS APRIL
- Campaign launches with new research revealing 85% of welfare benefit claimants are concerned about forthcoming welfare reform - A new sur... Read More
MyVoucherCodes: Save on Student Living
In addition to gaining a degree, the experience of going to university also means learning how to manage money. With fees, food, accommodati... Read More
Sharks amongst us at North West Universities
The England Illegal Money Lending Team’s mascot ‘Sid the Shark’ toured university campuses to highlight the dangers of loa... Read More
National Student Money Week
NSMW came about because we want everyone - students, the media, politicians and the public - to know about and celebrate the financial support and advice offered in universities, colleges and students’ unions across the UK. The week provided a chance to take a positive message to the widest possible audience and contribute to the collective voice of those working to support current and prospective students and to improve the financial capability of students.
National Student Money Week 2013 will run from Monday 11 to Friday 15 February.
The week selected provides a number of key dates to use as links for promoting financial capability activity:
- Sun 10 Feb – Chinese New Year (year of the snake)
- Tues 12 Feb – Shrove Tuesday
- Weds 13 Feb – Ash Wednesday
- Thurs 14 Feb – Valentine’s Day
Confirmed Showcase Partners 2013
We are delighted to be working with the following Showcase Partners for National Student Money Week 2013:
- Coventry University Students' Union
- Edge Hill Students' Union
- Leeds University Union
- Outreach Team, University of Lincoln
- Student Funding Team, University of Warwick
See the Showcase Partner page for more information about what they have planned.
Supporting NSMW 2013
In 2012 we reached in excess of 320,000 individuals with information about student funding and support during NSMW. This figure doesn't include those reached both before and after the week via promotional activity, resource material, and workshop delivery.
For 2013 we are seeking support from organisations and individuals. Can you:
- Promote NSMW via your social media channels?
- Provide resources of relevance to students? They could be links to online material, hardcopy documents or items to attract student attention.
- Provide or support purchase of giveaway items that services across the UK can use to engage students
- Offer training for advisers and/or students on topics of relevance?
- Offer financial support to allow us to provide further resources for those getting involved?
- Or do you have other ideas for how we can develop NSMW further?
Alternatively, if you would like to support the work of NASMA more generally you can contact the NASMA office - email@example.com or donate online by clicking the link below. As a charity NASMA use any income to support the development of the organisation for the benefit of NASMA members and the students they support.
National Student Money Week 2012 ran from Monday 12 to Friday 16 March 2012. Building on the success of 2011, the week reached many more individuals and involved a wider range of organisations. You can find a review of the week here.
The first ever National Student Money Week (NSMW) took place from Monday 7 to Friday 11 March 2011. The week highlighted the excellent work currently undertaken by practitioners and the range of support available for applicants, students and graduates. You can find a review of the week here.