Student Money Advice Awards 2018
There are six categories for the 2018 Student Money Advice Awards:
- Student Money Adviser of the Year
- Fund/Bursary Administrator of the Year
- Best Partnership
- Innovative Activity
- Financial Capability Engagement
- Region of the Year
The awards are open to all advisers and fund administrators registered as a 2017-18 NASMA member, working to support further and higher education students in the UK. Further information about what the judges are looking for in each award category can be found here.
The application form can be downloaded here.
The deadline for submitting an Award application is 5.00 pm on Thursday 3rd May 2018.
Winners of the 2017 Student Money Advice Awards are listed below, along with comments from our judges:
Student Money Adviser of the Year - Erin Russell, University of Stirling
- "Erin's nomination best reflected this category: an adviser who seeks not only to provide an excellent service to student clients, but to change systems and processes to better support students, so either fewer encounter money difficulties, or to make advice more effective."
Fund/Bursary Administrator of the Year - Nigel Sigodo, University of Surrey
- "Excellent effort and clear that Nigel goes above and beyond his job role. Nigel's nomination showed him to be a diligent and hardworking bursary administrator and a worthy award winner."
Best Partnership Award - University of the West of Scotland Funding & Advice Team and Students' Association of the University of the West of Scotland (SAUWS)
- "This nomination demonstrates how several different departments within an institution can work in partnership. The UWS NSMW 2017 event involved departments within the University and key external stakeholders across 5 campuses. The event raised awareness of environmental issues, food waste as well as raising financial awareness. We were impressed by the scope and reach of this partnership and the positive feedback from students."
Innovative Activity Award - Falmouth & Exeter Students' Union
- "Other services have developed videos, but this nomination stood out for tailoring these videos to the student population at this institution and using a recent graduate to ensure it really spoke to the students the videos aimed to reach."
Financial Capability Engagement Award - University of the West of Scotland Funding & Advice Team
- "We really like the development of a clear strategy that has a range of focus areas. Great that they've developed their own module."
Region of the Year - Scotland Region
- "Over the last two years Scotland have really shone as a region. They were such close contenders last year and this year they seem to have really pulled out all the stops. Not only continuing to maintain their close relationship with SAAS, but also strengthening that relationship for the future. Managing to work closely in consultations has definitely been a triumph and once again increasing their membership numbers in these difficult financial times and encouraging their members to work together shows the real teamwork that takes place in the Scottish Region. We are all delighted to select them as very worthy winners of NASMA Region of the Year 2017."
Updated April 2018