If you work in the following roles/sectors you are eligible to apply for NASMA membership:
- Student Money Adviser in a University or College of Higher Education, Students’ Union, Guild and Association
- Discretionary Fund and Bursary Administrator in a Higher Education Institution
- A member of staff in a Further Education College whose remit includes money advice and/or discretionary fund administration
If your role does not fit any of the above criteria, but you feel that your work would benefit from NASMA membership you may be eligible for Associate Membership; see information below.
The NASMA year runs from 1st September to 31st August and you can join at any point during the year.
To join NASMA, please complete the online Membership form for the 2017-2018 membership year. There are now two types of NASMA membership:
- Full Membership (Ordinary/Accredited). The annual membership fee is £110 (please note that there is no pro-rata reduction for joining mid-year).
- Reduced FE Membership - The annual membership fee is £40.
If you would like information about the benefits of joining NASMA, or details about eligibility, then please take a look at our Membership benefits below or contact us directly using our enquiry form.
Associate Membership is available to those not working in roles eligible for Full HE Ordinary NASMA membership. If you feel that NASMA Membership would be of benefit to you, but do not qualify for Full HE Ordinary membership, please email the NASMA Office (email@example.com) providing a statement of the contribution that you are able to make to NASMA. Applications for Associate Membership are conferred at the discretion of the NASMA Board.
Associate members will be eligible for the same membership benefits as Full HE Ordinary members, with the exception of mailbase access. Associate members will be eligible for payment of the Associate Member rate for training and development events.
Following the introduction in 2014-15 of the Accredited Member category (Full HE only), If you have met the criteria for accreditation and have received confirmation from the NASMA office, then you are eligible to apply for Accredited membership. The annual membership fee of £110 is the same as for Ordinary membership. For more information about the requirements under the NASMA scheme please visit the Accreditation page of our website.
Last Updated: 7 August 2017